Scheduled Car Maintenance
At Honka Auto Repair, we understand that the best way to care for your car or truck is to follow the scheduled maintenance that your vehicle’s manufacturer recommends. Routine maintenance is the best way to avoid or early detect any potential problems with your car, therefore saving you from headache and spending a lot of money. We have the tools and expertise to make sure your car runs smoothly and as it was intended.
Our basic car maintenance services include:
- Manufacturer Recommended Maintenance Your vehicle comes with a factory recommended service and maintenance schedule that you can find in the owners’ manuals. It tells you how often you should service or replace certain auto parts. At Honka Auto Repair, we are here to help you with any manufacturer recommend maintenance and services for all American and Imported vehicles – both diesel and gas engines.
- 30/60/90K Mileage Maintenance Most manufacturers recommend scheduling a service at the following intervals: 30,000 miles, 60,000 miles and 90,000 miles. Here are some commonly recommended services:
- Fluid replacements
- Oil and Filter changes
- Tire rotation, spin balance, and pressure adjustments
- Inspection of parts and systems – gears, tires, brake pads, belts, hoses, etc
- With higher mileage: spark plugs, belts, timing belts when applicable
- Oil and Oil Filter
Your car needs an oil, lube, and filter change every three months (or 3,000 miles). Oil helps with lubricating, cooling, and cleaning your engine’s internal components. With time, motor oil becomes contaminated and therefore it it best to change it regularly to help your engine run smoothly.
Hoses transfer coolant and antifreeze throughout the engine’s cooling system. However, with the time, your car’s hoses will dry out and crack. That is when you will need to get the hoses replaced. The mechanics at Honka Auto Repair will thoroughly inspect your car’s hoses, replace all worn hoses; and adjust the installed hoses.
A drive belt connects your car’s engine to the front mounted accessories. The fan belt rotates the water pump and engine fan, which maintains a cool environment for the engine and its components. With the time your vehicle’s fan belts will dry out and crack. When you need your belt replaced, you can count on Honka Auto Repair for all your vehicle’s repair needs.